Cite This Page
Medea Timeline and Summary
- Medea laments the fact that her husband has taken a new wife.
- She wins the Chorus over to her side by appealing to them as fellow woman and then declares revenge.
- She convinces Creon to let her and her sons stay in Corinth one more day, then secures safe harbor with King Aegeus of Athens.
- Next, Medea tricks Jason into thinking that she's cool with his new marriage.
- She manipulates her husband into asking Glauke if her kids can stay in Corinth.
- Once this is done, she sends Jason and the boys off with cursed gifts for Glauke.
- Still, Medea vacillates as to whether she should kill her sons.
- She decides the boys' death is necessary and then revels in the news that Glauke and Creon have been incinerated.
- She slaughters her two boys.
- Then, she erupts into the sky in a dragon-drawn chariot.
- She trades some last bitter words with Jason.
- Medea flies into the night, taking with her the bodies of her sons.