The Merry Wives of Windsor
Cite This Page
The Merry Wives of Windsor Act 4, Scene 6 Summary Page 1
- The Host returns to the Garter Inn after trying to chase down the guys who stole his horses.
- He's super bummed but cheers up right away when Fenton offers him some gold if he'll help him elope with Anne.The Host loves money so, naturally, he takes it.
- Fenton's got a plan that involves the wives' plot to punk Falstaff that night in the woods at the haunted oak.
- Anne has promised both her parents that she'll run off that night and elope with the guy of their choosing.
- But! Instead of marrying one of those two chumps, Anne's going to run off and marry Fenton during all the confusion of the Falstaff prank.
- Fenton wants the Host to arrange for a "vicar" (aka priest) to meet these two crazy kids at the church so they can get hitched while everyone's busy humiliating Falstaff.
- The Host agrees and Fenton promises to give him some more money afterward.