Sir John Falstaff Timeline and Summary
- 1.1: We find out that Falstaff has somehow insulted Justice Shallow.
- 1.1: And he has: he poached deer on Shallow's property and slapped Shallow's servants around but still refuses to apologize.
- 1.3: Also, dude is broke as a joke. So, he hatches a plot to seduce Mistress Ford and Mistress Page, who have access to their husbands' money.
- 1.3: Falstaff sends the "merry wives" identical love letters.
- 2.2: Later, he finds out he's been invited to Mistress Ford's house for a secret rendezvous. He has no idea the "merry wives" are just pretending to like him.
- 2.2: On his way to Ford's house, Falstaff runs into "Master Brooke" (aka Master Ford in disguise) and tells him all about his plans to hook up with Ford's wife.
- 3.3: Thinking he's about to get lucky, Falstaff shows up at the Ford house.
- 3.3: Falstaff has to hide in a stinky laundry basket when Mistress Ford's husband shows up. Then some servants carry the basket outside and dump Falstaff in the Thames river.
- 4.2: Not one to give up, Falstaff heads back to seduce Mistress Ford.
- 4.2: When Master Ford shows up again, Falstaff dresses up as "the old woman of Brentford."
- 4.2: The "old woman of Brentford" is beaten to a pulp by Master Ford. Obvs.
- 5.5: Falstaff arrives at the woods in a "Herne the hunter" getup and is assaulted by a bunch of kids dressed up as fairies.
- 5.5: LOL! He finds out he's been duped by the "merry wives."
- 5.5: But all is forgiven, and Falstaff goes to Anne Page's wedding.