The Merry Wives of Windsor
Cite This Page
Mistress Alice Ford and Mistress Margaret Page Timeline and Summary
- 1.3: Falstaff tells us that Mistress Ford and Mistress Page have been checking him out and undressing him with her eyes.
- 1.3: We find out that Falstaff plans to seduce the wives so he can get access to their husbands' money.
- 2.1: After Mistress Ford receives a super steamy love note from Falstaff, she finds out that her BFF got the same letter.
- 2.1: The wives are outraged that Falstaff thinks they would cheat on their husbands—they vow to get revenge by tricking Falstaff into thinking they both want to have an affair so they can humiliate him in public.
- 2.2: The wives have Mistress Quickly invite Falstaff to Ford's house for a secret rendezvous.
- 3.3: When Master Ford shows up, Falstaff jumps into a basket of filthy laundry that's carried outside and dumped in the river.
- 3.4: Mistress Page says she wants her daughter Anne to marry a guy named Doctor Caius.
- 4.2: Mistress Ford invites Falstaff back to her house and tricks him into dressing up as her maid's aunt, the "old woman of Brentford."
- 4.2: The friends have a good laugh when Ford shows up and beats on "the old woman of Brentford" and then decide to let their husbands in on the joke.
- 4.4: The two couples trick Falstaff into meeting Mistress Ford in the woods while dressed up as "Herne the hunter."
- 5.3: Mistress Page encourages Doctor Caius to run off and elope with Anne during the prank in the woods.
- 5.5: The wives and their friends have a good laugh while Falstaff is humiliated in the woods.
- 5.5: Mistress Page finds out that her daughter eloped with Fenton—not Caius, but she's cool with it. She and her husband throw a wedding feast and invite everyone.