by Jeffrey Eugenides
- Why is Middlesex divided into four books?
- How much of Cal is female, and how much of Calliope is male?
- Do you feel that Eugenides explores Cal's personality, or should he have described his narrator more thoroughly?
- What allusions to Greek literature and mythology are included in Middlesex?
- Which Greek heroes and stories do Cal and his journey remind you of?
- We need a little controversy: Is Cal being the product of incest demeaning to intersex people?
- You know what Cal's past looks like. What does his future hold?
- What does the floor plan to the Middlesex house look like?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...