Titania Timeline and Summary
- 2.1: We learn from Titania's #1 fairy that Titania has been having some marriage problems. Apparently, Titania's been raising a human foster child and her husband wants her to hand him over so the little kid can be his personal errand boy.
- 2.1:Titania storms into a grove in the wood and has a big showdown with her estranged husband, Oberon.
- 2.1: Titania accuses Oberon of being unfaithful to her. Oberon replies that Titania has been fooling around on the side, too, and that she once hooked up with Theseus, who's about to get married.
- 2.1: Titania says that her big, knockdown, drag out fights with Oberon have disrupted the natural world, causing wind, rain, flooding, and so on.
- 2.1: Titania defends her right to raise her foster child and we learn that Titania was friends with the kid's mom back in India before the woman died. There's no way she's going to give up the kid to Oberon, so there.
- 2.1:Titania announces she plans to stay in the wood until Theseus's wedding day, and graciously invites Oberon to join her in the moonlight revels of her fairies. If he's not into it, she's all, "Whatever. You stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours."
- 2.2: Titania prepares for sleep and commands her fairies to attend to their various offices, getting bat's wings to make elf coats, keeping the roses safe from blight, and other such fairy stuff. She asks them to sing her a lullaby and then be off, so that she can sleep in peace.
- 2.2: As Titania sleeps, Oberon sprinkles magic love juice in her eyes so that when she wakes up, she'll fall in love with the first creature she sees.
- 3.1:Titania wakes up and sets her eyes on Bottom, who has been recently transformed into an "ass-head."
- 3.1: Titania declares her love for Bottom and says that he's wise and beautiful. She becomes upset when Bottom wants to leave the wood. She says he'll stay there whether he likes it or not. Further, she informs him that she's kind of a big deal. She promises her minions will give all sorts of nice fairy attentions when he's with her, and that her work will rid him of his "mortal grossness" so that he's more like an airy spirit than a hairy creature.
- 3.1: Titania instructs her fairies to give Bottom the finest things nature has to offer, such as delicious fruits and honey, glow-worms, and butterflies' wings to fan away the moonbeams while he sleeps.
- 3.1: Bottom is really chatty, so Titania bids the fairies to tie Bottom's tongue so he can be brought to her bed chamber silently. Off-stage, she has a romantic encounter with Bottom.
- 4.1: Titania fawns over Bottom, calling him her gentle joy of fair, large ears.
- 4.1: Titania ignores Bottom's speech about how hairy and itchy he is. Instead, she asks if he'd like to hear some music. She continues to ply him with wonderful things, offering him anything he'd like to eat. If he'd like, she'll send her fairies to rob the squirrels of their nuts.
- 4.1: Titania holds Bottom in her arms as he goes to sleeps and tells all the fairies to go away.
- 4.1: As Titania sleeps, Oberon watches her and tells us that he recently convinced her to give up her foster child.
- 4.1: Titania falls out of love with Bottom when Oberon reverses the love spell by sprinkling an antidote in her eyes.
- 4.1: Titania wakes up and cries out at the strange visions she's seen. She says she thought she was in love with a donkey.
- 4.1: Titania looks at Bottom and has a "What was I thinking?!" moment.
- 4.1: Titania agrees to follow Oberon around the world in a night flight. She calls him "my lord" and asks him to explain why she woke up on the ground next to a mortal.
- 5.1: Titania attends Theseus's wedding to Hippolyta and then later joins Oberon in the blessing of Theseus's home. She recites a pretty little piece of poetry and tells the fairies to sing, hold hands, and give blessings all around.
Next Page: The Changeling Timeline
Previous Page: Oberon