The Mill on the Floss Conclusion Summary
- The narrator jumps back in to tell us that St. Ogg’s and the surrounding area quickly recovered after the flood. Tom and Maggie were the only victims.
- The mill was rebuilt.
- Tom and Maggie were buried together and the narrator tells us that two men often visited their tomb.
- One man had a female companion, years later.
- The other man always came by himself.
- We can assume this is Stephen with Lucy, and Philip.
- On the tomb, the names of Tom and Maggie were written along with a line: "In their death they were not divided."
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...