Lucy Deane Timeline and Summary
- Lucy visits the Tullivers as a little girl. She loves her cousin Maggie.
- During a visit to the Pullets Tom pays more attention to Lucy since he is angry with Maggie. Lucy still tries to include Maggie.
- While playing near a pond, Maggie shoves Lucy in the mud. Lucy is horrified and cries
- Lucy is taken home by Tom and the Pullets comfort her.
- Years later, Lucy’s mother has died and she has invited Mrs. Tulliver to live with her.
- Lucy has a suitor, Stephen Guest.
- She invites her cousin Maggie to come stay with her.
- Lucy is thrilled to learn about Maggie’s past relationship with Philip and is determined to play matchmaker.
- Lucy tries to intervene on Maggie’s behalf with Tom but is unable to get through to him regarding Maggie and Philip.
- Lucy is largely oblivious to the growing romantic tension between Stephen and Maggie.
- Lucy plots to help the Tullivers buy back their mill.
- Lucy enlists her father and Philip in her scheme.
- After Maggie and Stephen elope, Lucy goes out of town with the Miss Guests.
- Later, Lucy sneaks over to see Maggie at night and forgives Maggie for eloping with Stephen.
- After Maggie’s death, Lucy eventually marries Stephen and she visits Maggie’s grave
Next Page: Mr. Tulliver Timeline
Previous Page: Stephen Guest