The Canterbury Tales: The Miller's Tale Lines 600-635 Summary
- Alisoun tells Absolon to go away and let her sleep, because she loves someone else.
- Absolon asks Alisoun to at least give him a kiss before he goes.
- Alisoun asks if Absolon will go away if she kisses him.
- Absolon replies that he will.
- Alisoun tells Absolon to get ready, for she's coming to the window.
- Alisoun tells Nicholas that soon, he will have a good laugh.
- Absolon gets down on his knees next to the window.
- He says he feels like a lord, and he is certain that after this kiss, there will be more to come.
- He tells Alisoun he awaits her will.
- Alisoun unbars the window and tells Absolon to come quickly so the neighbors don't see him.
- Absolon wipes his mouth dry.
- The night is very dark.
- Alisoun puts her "hole" (butt) out the window.
- Absolon kisses it enthusiastically.
- He pulls back, for he thinks he feels a beard – something rough and long-haired.
- Absolon wonders aloud what he's just done.
- Alisoun laughs and closes the window.
- Nicholas expresses delight about the joke.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...