Available to teachers only as part of theTeaching Moby-DickTeacher Pass
Teaching Moby-DickTeacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Reading Quizzes
Questions1. What does the narrator asked to be called?
2. What mood is the narrator in when he goes to sea?
3. Why doesn't he like being a passenger?
4. Why does he go to sea as a "simple sailor"?
5. What motivates him to go on a whaling voyage?
3. Passengers get seasick, grow quarrelsome, don't sleep, and generally don't enjoy themselves.
4. It provides him with a sense of equality to his fellow man, a chance for exercise and pure air, and a paycheck.
5. The feeling that it is his fate or destiny; his fascination with the great whale
CORRESPONDING LEARNING GUIDE