- Did you find Mockingjay to be a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy? Why or why not?
- If you were Katniss, would you have agreed to be the rebels' Mockingjay? Why or why not?
- In Chapter 23, Gale comments that when it comes down to him and Peeta, "Katniss will pick whoever she thinks she can't survive without" (23.90). Does Katniss really make a decision? And does she end up with the right guy, the one "she can't survive without"? Why or why not?
- What kind of world do you think will be remade after the war is over? What kind of government do you think replaces President Coin and her District 13 rebels? Are we left with hope that a good and just government replaces the old one?
- Which character's death did you feel the most strongly, and why? If you could rescue one character and bring him/her back to life, who would it be?
- Do you feel like Collins had a solid reason behind killing off the characters that she did? Would the story still "work" if some of the dead characters had survived?
- Does this book have some kind of "message"? If so, when message is Collins trying to get across?
- How would Mockingjay be different if it was told by a third-person narrator? What do we gain by having Katniss narrate? What sorts of information do we miss out on?
- Why does Katniss vote "Yes" to hold the Hunger Games again, with the children of the Capitol? Does she see this as justice? Is she actually against the Games but trying to deceive Coin? What's going on here?
Next Page: Characters
Previous Page: Quotes