A Monster Calls
A Monster Calls Chapter 19 Summary
- At the hospital that afternoon, Dad and Grandma make themselves scarce while Conor goes in to see his mom.
- She's got to tell him the obvious thing: the new treatment isn't working.
- But she wants to tell him something else, too: the drug they've tried, the last-ditch effort, is made of yew trees.
- Conor asks if it's going to save her, even though they both know it's already failing.
- His mom says she hopes so.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search