A Monster Calls Chapter 31 Summary
Something in Common
- Grandma's flipping out because her grandson has gone missing. When she finally finds Conor sleeping under the yew tree, she comes running, yelling his name.
- They have to go to the hospital, stat.
- On the way, Conor tries to say he's sorry, but his grandma's not looking for apologies.
- She tells Conor that the two of them may not be a natural fit, but they're going to have to learn, and Conor finally admits that he knows.
- His grandma says they do have something in common, though: his mom.
- She pulls into the hospital and tells Conor to hurry.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...