A Monster Calls Chapter 32 Summary
- In the hospital room, Conor's mother is unconscious and barely breathing.
- Grandma takes his mom's hand and tells her that she and Conor are there.
- His mom wakes up long enough to reach for Conor's hand.
- The monster appears behind him and tells him this part—in which Conor is holding her hand and not letting go—is the end of the fourth tale.
- Conor asks what he's supposed to do, and the monster says to tell her the truth.
- He tells her he doesn't want her to go.
- Her last words to him are, "I know."
- It's 11:46. He knows that at 12:07, she'll go.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...