A Monster Calls
A Monster Calls Chapter 7 Summary
The Wildness of Stories
- Conor goes to sleep on the living room settee that night and has the nightmare again.
- He wakes up at 12:07, of course. But there's no monster to be found.
- Then, when he goes and looks out the kitchen window, there it is, just chillin' and waiting for him. No creaking wood or calling out Conor's name tonight.
- Conor goes outside to have a visit. These two are getting quite friendly.
- It's time to tell the first story, says the monster.
- But Conor's not having it. He tells the monster it's not real and he doesn't have time to listen to any stupid stories.
- Oh really? The monster one-ups Conor's argument by asking the kiddo how the monster can leave very real berries on Conor's very real floor if he is, in fact, not real?
- Whatevs. Conor does not think berries are all that scary. But since the monster's here, Conor wishes he would help Conor get rid of his Grandma. You know, do a little slaying of the enemies, as monsters are wont to do?
- The monster says he'll tell a story about slaying some enemies.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search