Cite This Page
Morning Song Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Does the speaker in this poem like the new baby or not? How can you tell?
- Who is singing the "Morning Song"?
- How does the speaker's relationship to the baby change as the poem progresses? What evidence in the poem leads you to this conclusion?
- How do all of the metaphors that Plath uses work together? Do they build a single image of the baby being described?
- How would you describe the speaker's attitude towards motherhood?