by Philip Reeve
Mortal Engines Questions
- What's the big deal with Municipal Darwinism? How does it tie into Social Darwinism? Is it beneficial for the world, or ultimately destructive?
- How does Municipal Darwinism compare to the way we live today? Think about large cities expanding, suburbia, etc.
- Why is Magnus Crome, the Lord Mayor of London, letting history repeat itself? Did he learn nothing from the Sixty-Minute War about the dangers of powerful weapons?
- Why does Hester want to be like Grike?
- Tom really wants to be a hero. By the end of the book, would you say he has become one?
- Where do you think Tom and Hester will go after the end of the book?
- If you had a choice, would you want to live on a giant Traction City? Or would you prefer the life of an airship captain?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...