Mordred Timeline and Summary
- Mordred is conceived under not-so-great circumstances, when Arthur sleeps with his sister, Morgause, by mistake.
- He manages to escape the May Day massacre, which his father orchestrated to get rid of the risk of losing his kingdom. Raised as a deserted child, he makes his way back to court at age fourteen.
- Mordred defends Sir La Cote Male Taylé against the insults of a rude woman who doesn't want him along on her quest. Nice.
- Then he participates in the ambush and stabbing-in-the-back of Sir Lamerok. Not so nice.
- Joining Aggravayne in exposing Launcelot and Gwenyvere's affair, Mordred helps to ambush Launcelot in Gwenyvere's chamber.
- When Arthur travels to France to invade Launcelot's realm, Mordred forges letters announcing Arthur's death, crowns himself king, and tries to marry Gwenyvere.
- At the Battle of Salisbury Plain, Mordred gives Arthur his death-wound before dying of the wound Arthur has inflicted on him.
Next Page: Galahad Timeline
Previous Page: Gareth