The Most Dangerous Game
by Richard Connell
Sanger Rainsford Timeline and Summary
- Fights in World War I, where he digs trenches. Good times…
- Rainsford is merrily sailing to Rio to kill himself some Amazonian jaguars, when he falls overboard while trying to save his pipe.
- Dude, just let it go; it'll kill you anyway.
- He swims off to “Ship Trap” island, where he meets Zaroff, a sinister hunter who has strange ideas of a good time.
- Rainsford does some fine dining with Zaroff, but then finds out he is about to be prey to this aristocratic whack job.
- Through quick thinking, instinct, and the experience he gained during his comparatively rosy time digging trenches in World War I, he manages to elude Zaroff.
- Rainsford gets back to the castle for a quick goodbye in the form of murder and then climbs into Zaroff's bed for a good night's sleep.