Murder on the Orient Express
Cite This Page
Hercule Poirot Timeline and Summary
- Poirot boards a train out of Syria.
- He arrives in Stamboul, planning to take a vacation there.
- There is a telegram waiting for him at his hotel, calling him back to London immediately.
- Poirot boards the Simplon Orient Express.
- Mr. Ratchett asks Poirot to help guard him. Poirot says no.
- Poirot hears someone speaking in Ratchett's room at 12:37 a.m.
- He peeks out of his door and sees a woman in a red kimono in the hall.
- M. Bouc informs Poirot that Ratchett has been murdered.
- He asks Poirot to take over the investigation.
- Poirot speaks to Mr. MacQueen.
- Poirot sets up his court in the dining car and interviews the passengers.
- Mrs. Hubbard finds the murder weapon and presents it to Poirot.
- Poirot finds the Wagon Lit conductor's uniform in the Swedish woman's luggage.
- Poirot finds the red kimono in his suitcase.
- The solution finally comes to Poirot.
- Poirot finds out the Countess's true identity.
- The Princess admits to Poirot that the handkerchief is hers.
- Poirot interrogates Mary Debenham, whom he knows was the governess of the Armstrong family.
- Poirot offers two solutions to the crime.