Murder on the Orient Express
Murder on the Orient Express Part 3, Chapter 6 Summary
A Second Interview with Colonel Arbuthnot
- Arbuthnot is summoned to the dining car. When confronted with the pipe cleaner, he says it's probably his, and no, he doesn't know how it got there.
- Poirot says it doesn't really matter and that the real reason he wanted to see him is to talk about Miss Debenham. Arbuthnot is taken aback.
- He asks Arbuthnot about the conversation he overheard between the two of them on the train platform. The Colonel says that his lips are sealed.
- Poirot says that Miss Debenham is a "highly suspicious character" (3.6.43) and tells him she was the governess at the Armstrong's house.
- The Colonel is silent. When pressed, he says he thinks Poirot is wrong, but Poirot should ask Miss Debenham.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...