My Heart Leaps Up When I Behold
My Heart Leaps Up When I Behold Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What, for you, is like the speaker's rainbow? What has moved your heart since you were little, and will hopefully move you until you die?
- Why do you think the speaker says "let me die?" Can you identify with this feeling?
- Do you agree with the speaker that the child is the father of the man? Why or why not?
- What is your interpretation of the phrase "natural piety"?
- How does this poem exemplify, or not, the Romantic period of art and literature?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...