A narrow Fellow in the Grass
by Emily Dickinson
A narrow Fellow in the Grass Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Do you agree with people who say that this poem is about sex? Why or why not?
- What do you think the snake represents to the speaker?
- What might it feel like to experience a “Zero at the Bone”?
- Who are Nature’s People and how would you know them? How would they know you?
- Is the speaker’s experience terrifying, pleasurable, or both? Why?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...