Nation Chapter 13 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- "The Raiders came just before dawn" (13.1).
- This is not a test of the Emergency Alert System. This is real.
- The Raiders land on the beach and Mr. Cox, who is now their leader, comes ashore and approaches Mau.
- Mau and Cox enter into war negotiations. See, the Raiders believe in chief vs. chief single combat mode.
- If this is anything like Spy vs. Spy Island Caper, it's going to get ugly.
- Speaking of ugly, Cox shoots the parrot.
- Ugh, dude. Never kill the animal. That's just a death sentence right there.
- Sure it was annoying, but we didn't want it to die.
- To prove that the gods don't smile upon the Raiders, Mau orders the cannon to be fired, the cannon that was busted and repaired with string.
- It works. Guess the Gods don't care too much for the Raiders.
- Daphne isn't too keen on the idea, but Mau decides to fight Cox in a duel.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...