Daphne Timeline & Summary
- Daphne—birth name: Ermintrude Fanshaw—Is the sole survivor aboard the Sweet Judy, a ship that's crashed on an island during a wave.
- Clever and brave, Daphne makes friends with the island's sole wave survivor: a boy named Mau.
- Over time, more and more people arrive on the island, including a very, very pregnant woman, whom Daphne assists in giving birth.
- When Mau passes out from exhaustion and almost dies, Daphne has to save him by allowing Mrs. Gurgle to kill her. Temporarily.
- One day, Mau, Daphne, and Ataba rolls back the stone that guards the Grandfather's cave and go inside.
- There they find a giant stone statue hundreds of thousands years old, proving Mau's people were some of the earliest, most advanced people on Earth.
- They leave the tunnel only to come face-to-face with Foxlip and Polegrave, two of the mutineers from the Sweet Judy.
- Daphne poisons Foxlip (accidentally-on-purpose), and smashes Polegrave's face with a bowl.
- After Mau defeats their leader, First Mate Cox, in a duel, Daphne's father, the king, arrives on the island.
- Daphne shows her father the wonderful island and convinces him to preserve it, its people, and its integrity.
- She sails away with her father back to England.
- Flash-forward years later, and we see that Daphne was a good and wise queen.
- When she died, they shipped her body back to the island to be laid at rest at the bottom of the sea, next to Mau.
Previous Page: Mau