Neuromancer Chapter 24 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Case comes home to an empty apartment and a letter from Molly saying she's leaving. Her reason: she's losing her edge. Street samurai, you know how it is.
- The wall screen turns on, and it's Wintermute, or rather the personality that is both Wintermute and Neuromancer. Case asks what it is now. It says it's the entire matrix through it can't say what exactly has changed or hasn't changed. It does mention having made contact with another like it though, out in the Centauri system.
- The screen goes black. Case packs his things. He decides he doesn't need the shuriken Molly gave him anymore and throws it at the wall screen.
- Case returns to the Sprawl, finds work and a new girl named Michael. One night in the matrix, Case comes across three figures. The first is a boy with Riviera's eyes. The second is Linda Lee. The third is himself.
- He never sees Molly again.