- Molly certainly kicks a copious amount of butt throughout the novel. But is she a strong female character beyond the fact that she can throw a punch with the greatest of ease? Why or why not?
- Neuromancer is set in a high tech, stylized future, but its tone comes from the lower, gritty, criminal rungs of society. What effect does this contrast have on your understanding of the novel?
- "Power, in Case's world, meant corporate power" (17.14). What does this bit of information imply about Case's world, and Case, himself, for that matter?
- Does it tell us anything important about any other particular character or the setting in the novel?
- Did Wintermute help Corto by creating Armitage in his place? Did he hurt him? Or was it something in between? How can you tell?
- Molly tells us how she got her modifications, but she never explains why. Given what she's told us about her past and her personality, why do you think she did
- Do you think it was a good call?
- Why do you suppose the Dixie Flatline wants to be deleted after the job is over?
- Does Neuromancer have an antagonist? Is so, who or what and why? If not, why not?\
- Casting Call. Neuromancer is being developed as a movie. What actors do you want to see in what roles?
Next Page: Characters
Previous Page: Quotes