by Stephenie Meyer
New Moon Chapter 14 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Bella meets Jacob’s pack. They’re all mad that Jacob has involved his "girlfriend" in their secret.
- Paul calls Bella a "leech lover." He gets so mad he loses control and transforms into a werewolf.
- As Bella describes it, "Paul seemed to fall forward, vibrating violently. Halfway to the ground, there was a loud ripping noise, and the boy exploded" (14.19).
- Jacob explodes too and the boys charge at each other. Apparently it’s not a big deal, since shortly thereafter they’re best friends again. It helps that werewolves' wounds heal quickly.
- During dinner at Sam’s house, Bella is disturbed to see that Sam’s wife Emily bears a horrible permanent scar that runs from the side of her face all the way down to her arms. Apparently, hanging out with werewolves does have its risks. Yet, Sam and Emily’s love for each other is so strong, Bella’s love hole throbs a bit more from Edward withdrawal.
- After Jacob tells the group of Victoria’s motives they strategize how to catch her. They decide that, to protect Bella and Charlie, they need to spend as much time as possible in La Push.
- Bella tells Charlie that she made up with Jacob and that the whole weird gang thing was a misunderstanding.
- Bella ponders if Jacob was right in calling her a hypocrite. She admits to herself that, even if Edward killed humans, it still wouldn’t keep her away from him:
Love is irrational, I reminded myself. The more you loved someone, the less sense anything made. (14.197)
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...