Marie Tomlinson Timeline and Summary
- Marie asks Obi if Mr. Green seems odd.
- Obi is suspicious of Marie's motivation, but when Marie tells him how lovely Clara is, and seems genuinely excited about their engagement, he lets down his guard.
- Marie is curious about why Mr. Mark came to visit Obi, but Obi doesn't tell her why.
- Soon Marie and Obi are on the best of terms and are even calling each other by their first names.
- Marie agrees with Mr. Green when he criticizes Nigerians for taking too much vacation time, and for having too many holidays. She says she would never get as many holidays in Great Britain as Africans expect in Nigeria.
- When Obi argues with her, she tells him he doesn't look well, and suggests he take something for malaria, then go see a doctor.
Previous Page: Mr. William Green