Nothing Chapter 12 Summary
- Hussain's not having a good day. First he refuses to give up his prayer mat and Huge Hans beats him. Then he agrees to give it up and his dad beats him. This is what you call a lose-lose situation.
- Here's where things really start to get violent and depressing, just in case they weren't violent and depressing enough already. Don't say we didn't warn you.
- The next day at school, Hussain's a different person. His eyes look dead, he's black and blue, and when the kids remind him that it's his turn to demand something from someone, he just shakes his head.
- They give him a little time, but it's October now, and Pierre Anthon is still up in the tree being a jerkface, and everybody just wants the heap done and over with, so they eventually pressure him.
- Hussain says Huge Hans has to give up his yellow bike.
- Huge Hans drags his feet, taking two days to deliver it. He doesn't want to give it up, and Sofie, who still hasn't learned the don't-pressure-people-if-you-haven't-gone-yet lesson, pressures him.
- Sofie, of course, has just made the worst move of all.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search