Cite This Page
Nothing Chapter 22 Summary Page 1
- March rolls around, and it's the month the MOMA is supposed to pick up the heap of meaning.
- Pierre Anthon still hasn't come to see it. In fact, our little Kierkegaard is still in the tree, and he's pretty much undone everybody but Sofie.
- Agnes can't even lift her arm anymore without thinking about how it will turn into nothing when she lowers it.
- Sofie's still doing battle with Pierre Anthon, though. She goes to the tree and yells back, telling him he doesn't have the guts to come see the heap of meaning.
- Finally he asks her the question that sends her over the edge: if the heap of meaning really had any meaning, she wouldn't have sold it, would she?
- That does it: Sofie officially loses her mind.