Number the Stars
Cite This Page
Number the Stars Chapter 13 Summary Page 1
Run! As Fast As You Can!
- Annemarie goes right over to her mom. She's really worried, but her mother reassures her that everything went fine. Ellen and her parents got to the boat with no problems. Whew.
- Mrs. Johansen wasted no time getting out of there, but she was going too fast and fell. She hurt herself pretty badly and it took forever to crawl home.
- Mrs. Johansen asks Annemarie to help her, and they pause in front of the house to rest. That's when Annemarie sees something in the yard: it's the little package that Mr. Rosen was supposed to take to Henrik.
- Uh oh.
- Mrs. Johansen is horrified that it wasn't delivered. She's incredibly upset, but she can't do anything about it because she's in such pain.
- Even though she doesn't know the specifics, Annemarie knows that the package is super-important and that it absolutely has to go to Henrik. She says she'll deliver it immediately.
- We told you she was brave.
- Mrs. Johansen gives her instructions: she should hide it in a food basket, try to avoid people, and go as quickly as she can to Henrik. Annemarie is supposed to act completely innocent (and even a little dumb) if anyone catches her.
- They embrace, and Annemarie is off.