O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain! Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Why do people feel as though they have such close, emotionally extreme relationships with their political leaders?
- Who guides the nation, the people or its leaders?
- Can art help heal the wounds of a nation after a tremendous loss?
- How important is the historical context (i.e., knowing about Lincoln and the Civil War) to a poem like “O Captain! My Captain!”?
- How do we react to the suffering of one person compared to the suffering of a nation of people?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search