Of Mice and Men
Cite This Page
Curley Timeline and Summary
- Curley comes to the bunkhouse looking for his wife.
- Curley tries to pick a fight with Lennie.
- Curley comes to the bunkhouse looking for his wife. Again.
- Curley goes to the barn to find Slim, who he suspects is… with his wife.
- Curley comes back to the bunkhouse (yet again).
- Curley gets mad when Carlson calls him a coward. He sees Lennie smiling and starts punching the big guy (big mistake).
- Curley gets his hand thoroughly messed up by Lennie Small.
- Curley promises not to tell what really happened to his hand.
- He gets taken to the doctor.
- Despite the fact that he is married, Curley goes to Suzy’s bordello.
- He plays horseshoes until Candy tells him about his wife’s death.
- Curley looks at his dead wife and says he will shoot Lennie – preferably in the guts.
- Curley leads the band of men in the search for Lennie.
- He is the first to discover George with Lennie’s dead body.
- Curley, ever observant, notes that George shot Lennie right in the back of the head.
- Curley looks on with Carlson in puzzlement at Slim and George’s sadness.