Available to teachers only as part of theTeaching Of Mice and MenTeacher Pass
Teaching Of Mice and MenTeacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Reading Quizzes
Questions1. Describe George's physical features.
2. Describe Lennie's physical features.
3. What surprising item is in Lennie's pocket?
4. What is the name of the town that George recalls in the following way: "We run. They was lookin' for us, but they didn't catch us."
5. George and Lennie excitedly talk about a dream for the future at the end of the chapter. What is the big dream that George and Lennie share?
6. What can you infer about George's feelings for Lennie?
7. Predict the outcome of George's decision to wait to head to the ranch.
Answers1. Small build, strong hands, slender arms, thin and bony nose (Bonus: wearing denim and a shapeless black hat)
2. George's opposite: huge man, shapeless of face, pale eyes, sloping shoulders, drags feet, arms loosely hanging by his side (Bonus: wearing denim and a shapeless black hat)
3. A dead mouse
5. To have a farm together someday
6. George cares for Lennie, but occasionally he feels that caring for him is a burden. It is obvious that he believes he could do more without Lennie around. Once Lennie actually offers to leave, George quickly backtracks and begins making plans with Lennie again.
7. Lennie is worried about George's desire to wait to go to their job. This lets us know that it is not the normal procedure. George seems run down and angered by the bus driver's actions. He is just using this as an excuse to go to work late.
CORRESPONDING LEARNING GUIDE