The boy, or Manolin Timeline and Summary
- The boy loves the old man and wants to help him out.
- He sits on the terrace with the old man.
- They reminisce.
- He offers to buy sardines for the old man.
- He and the old man pretend to have dinner and talk about baseball.
- Manolin goes out to buy sardines.
- The boy comes back and waits for the old man to wake up so they can eat.
- They eat.
- The boy leaves.
- He is woken by the boy.
- The boy helps the old man carry his gear, and then wishes him luck.
- The fish circles and gets harpooned by the old man.
- Manolin sees the old man when he has come back and cries.
- He brings the old man coffee and they talk about the last few days.
- He cries again.