On the Road
On the Road Part 2, Chapter 11 Summary
- Dean finally gets around to saving the near-starving Sal by bringing him to Camille’s place.
- Of all things, Dean got a job demonstrating a pressure cooker in people’s homes.
- They meet up with a guy named Slim Gaillard who says "orooni" at the end of every sentence, as in "right-orooni." Try it and lose all your friends in three days.
- He takes off his shirt and drums while people sit and listen to him. This is a routine thing. Dean loves it because he says Slim knows time. Sound familiar?
- Slim also knows a ton of languages, and possibly is making some of them up.
- In retrospect, Sal tells us that no one knows where Slim is anymore, but that Dean had a dream where he (Dean, that is) was pregnant, and Slim was God.
- Crazy jazz follows.
- Dean finds Marylou again, and Sal’s like, forget you guys, I’m going home and no you CANNOT have any of my sandwiches. Sounds like the end of Part Two.