On the Road Part 2, Chapter 11 Summary
- Dean finally gets around to saving the near-starving Sal by bringing him to Camille’s place.
- Of all things, Dean got a job demonstrating a pressure cooker in people’s homes.
- They meet up with a guy named Slim Gaillard who says "orooni" at the end of every sentence, as in "right-orooni." Try it and lose all your friends in three days.
- He takes off his shirt and drums while people sit and listen to him. This is a routine thing. Dean loves it because he says Slim knows time. Sound familiar?
- Slim also knows a ton of languages, and possibly is making some of them up.
- In retrospect, Sal tells us that no one knows where Slim is anymore, but that Dean had a dream where he (Dean, that is) was pregnant, and Slim was God.
- Crazy jazz follows.
- Dean finds Marylou again, and Sal’s like, forget you guys, I’m going home and no you CANNOT have any of my sandwiches. Sounds like the end of Part Two.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...