On the Road
On the Road Part 2, Chapter 2 Summary
- Dean, Sal, Marylou, and Ed set out to drive Sal’s brother’s furniture a thousand miles to his new house. In thirty hours. Round trip. You do the math.
- Sal sits in the car thinking about how he had absolutely no reason to rush off with Dean when what he is really supposed to be doing is marrying a woman named Lucille.
- He explains to Dean that he wants to marry and settle down, instead of being crazy all the time.
- Dean digs it.
- They wash dishes at a diner instead of paying their bill. Rather, Sal and Ed do dishes while Dean and Marylou do each other in the back corner.
- They go through Times Square on the way home.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search