On the Road
by Jack Kerouac
On the Road Part 2, Chapter 7 Summary
- What’s the best thing to do when you’re hung over? Pull nails out of wood. So they do.
- Bull has a thing for knives, so they all sit around chucking knives at a target.
- Bull tells stories about men with paresis and lisps.
- There’s much discussion about holding cats over bathtubs, fighting with the neighbors, and baring of guns.
- They try to collect "orgones" (sexual energy) by sitting in a special orgone chair.
- Did you forget that Bull has children? Because you’re reminded.
- They go to a racetrack and almost win a lot of money several times due to what Bull calls Sal’s "vision" of his dead father.
- Bull claims that the dead are in contact with the living.
- Bull shoots up again in the bathroom. Hope it’s a nice bathroom, because he sure spends a lot of time in there.
- They compete in lots of silly physical tests with each other. Dean beats everyone and Sal has visions about Dean running through life so much faster than he himself.
- Dean gets turned on by Bull’s daughter. Whoa there.
- Dean and Ed teach Sal how to hop freight trains.
- Dean, Sal, and Marylou leave for California, with much sexual interaction between Dean and Marylou that involves the words "froth" and "slurp."
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...