On the Road
On the Road Part 3, Chapter 1 Summary
- Some time has passed. Sal is completely alone in Denver, hauls around crates all day, and has existential crises.
- He muses about Dean’s missing father.
- He wishes he were black, because he’s bored with the white world. Actually, he wishes he were anything but white.
- Sal watches a child’s baseball game and is envious and sad. But, mostly sad. In a really poetic way.
- He goes to see some random rich girl who gives him a hundred dollar bill for kicks.
- He gets a ride with some pimps and feels that he is on the road to heaven.
- What's the first thing Sal does when he gets to San Francisco? He looks up Dean.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...