On the Road
by Jack Kerouac
On the Road Part 3, Chapter 10 Summary
- Dean gets excited about stealing a wallet, only to find that it is Sal’s.
- They have to go. They don’t know where, though.
- They dig some live jazz, and Sal tells us all about the big names in the jazz business.
- They drink until the next morning and end up wrecking the Cadillac (not all at once, just in small pieces).
- They listen to musician George Shearing perform, and Dean again insists that Shearing is God.
- Dean and Sal turn in the nearly wrecked car, and Sal wonders that the owner never complained to them.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...