On the Road
On the Road Part 3, Chapter 11 Summary
- Sal talks to a boring girl who is unable to tell him what she and he and everyone want out of life. She’s only eighteen.
- They end up in Detroit. Dean has visions of Sal covered in garbage, and Sal discusses being covered in excrement as though it doesn’t matter.
- They get a ride to New York for four dollars each; Sal thinks about how he is like a traveling salesman, re-crossing the same towns over and over again.
- They get home, where Sal’s aunt says Dean can stay a few days – and a few days only.
- They go out; Sal meets a girl called Inez, and introduces Dean as a cowboy.
- Dean and Inez get married shortly after – after Camille back in California has Dean’s second child, and after that Inez has his child, too. Looks like the Italy trip is off.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search