On the Road Part 3, Chapter 3 Summary
- Dean says he wants to try looking for his father again in Denver.
- Dean no longer needs Marylou. We’ve heard that one before.
- Before they leave San Francisco, they get chauffeured around by a guy named Roy Johnson.
- They try to find Remi Boncoeur, but fail.
- Galatea is around because Ed ditched her again and went to Denver. She’s convinced he’ll come back to her and blames all of their crazy gang for what Ed does.
- They go out in a crowd and everyone sits around and tells Dean he’s a jerk while Sal feebly tries to defend him. Dean just sits there and giggles.
- Sal tries to understand it, and comes up with this: Dean is the "HOLY GOOF." Capitals and all.
- Sal’s been using this word "Beat" all the time and now he decides that Dean is the soul of Beat.
- Dean does what he’s been doing quite a bit of lately: rubs his belly and licks his lips.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...