On the Road
Cite This Page
On the Road Part 3, Chapter 5 Summary Page 1
- They end up in what Dean calls a Plymouth, which isn't a very fun car because it doesn’t have that nice zoomy feeling.
- Dean talks about the musicians last night and how they had IT.
- Finally Sal talks. What the subject? His childhood and the car ride games he used to play. Dean and he bond over their conversation.
- Sal reveals another vision, this one from his childhood: he was on a white horse and jumping over obstacles. Dean shared the thoughts.
- They get overexcited and disruptive in the back seat, because now they have IT.
- Everything will be OK once they get to Denver, where they will know IT and they will know TIME.
- They are taken into a hotel room by a man who hits on them. Dean tries to get money from him, but the man gets suspicious and kicks them out.
- Dean takes the wheel, and to demonstrate Bull’s bad driving, almost hits several trucks – purely for example.
- Sal speaks of soul connections, and Dean is so overwhelmed he pulls over and collapses asleep, while his bandaged hand remains up in the air.
- The passengers in the back seat freak out and say Dean can’t drive anymore, he must be crazy, etc. Sal defends him.
- Dean wakes up and realizes he’s in the place of his birth, which is hugely symbolic and worthy of several moments of reflection and going "weee-ahhhzz"!
- The make it to Denver! Everything will be OK once they’re on the road again.