On the Road Part 4, Chapter 2 Summary
- Sal very non-subtly tells us that, no matter where he is in the country, he never feels like he’s home.
- He meets a guy named Henry Glass who has spent a lot of time in jail and reads the Bible.
- Sal remarks he is mad like Dean, but without the saving grace of saintliness. Whatever that means.
- They hang out with Dean’s old friends, Tim Gray and Stan Shephard.
- Henry disappears, but he was fun while he lasted.
- Sal relaxes and feels happy in Denver "because [he has] no dreams."
- Sal is getting ready to travel on to Mexico, when suddenly there is news that Dean is coming along.
- Very interesting: Sal remarks that Dean must have gone mad again, and has a vision of Dean as the shrouded traveler that pursues him.