On the Road
by Jack Kerouac
On the Road Part 4, Chapter 4 Summary
- It’s about time for some more eerie foreshadowing. Here we go! Stan gets bit by a freakish bug that inserts a huge stinger into his arm and makes it swell up like there’s no tomorrow. So they need to stop and get some penicillin.
- They all tell stories.
- Now Stan is the frantic and feverish one; Dean is calm and listening.
- Stan tells all about his European adventures.
- As they travel, Sal recalls all the people and good times in his past (like Terry).
- They get some penicillin.
- At a pool hall, Dean instructs Sal to watch. And to dig it, of course.
- They get to Mexico at three in the morning.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...