On the Road
by Jack Kerouac
Stan Shephard Timeline and Summary
- Stan hangs out in Denver with Sal and prepares for Mexico.
- He ignores his grandfather’s plea not to leave.
- Stan takes off with Sal and Dean for Mexico.
- He gets bitten by an enormous, freakish bug.
- He tells stories of his European travels.
- He gets to Mexico along with Sal and Dean.
- He goes to a brothel with Victor, Sal, and Dean.
- He goes to the bathhouse with Sal.
- Stan spends an insect-ridden night outside in the jungle with Sal and Dean.
- He arrives in Mexico City with Dean and Sal.