One Art Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What do you think the poet means by "the art of losing" and how serious is she about this idea?
- How important is the poem’s form to your reading of it?
- What effect does the refrain have upon your understanding of the poem’s tone? How does the meaning of this single line change throughout the piece?
- What are we actually meant to believe about the poet’s reaction to her losses?
- How honest is the poet with herself? With her readers?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search