Available to teachers only as part of theTeaching One Flew Over The Cuckoo's NestTeacher Pass
Teaching One Flew Over The Cuckoo's NestTeacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Reading Quizzes
Part 1, Chapter 1
Questions1. What do the orderlies think Chief is unable to do?
2. What does Chief think of Nurse Ratched's personality?
3. What does Chief hide from “them” so that “they” won't be able to tell much about him?
4. What does Chief believe is happening to him when they take him to the room for a shave?
5. What does Chief say he is about to reveal?
Answers1. They think Chief is unable to hear or speak.
2. He says that it is hard to tell whether Nurse Ratched is hot or cold, but either way she burns.
3. Chief hides his eyes from “them” so that they won't be able to tell much about him.
4. Chief believes they strap a machine to his head instead of shaving him and, when he starts to scream, Nurse Ratched puts her wicker handbag in his mouth and jams it in there with the end of a mop.
5. Chief says he is about to reveal the truth.
CORRESPONDING LEARNING GUIDE