Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What is the effect of the poem's repetitions? Do they seem wasteful in such a short poem?
- What does the Oread hope to accomplish by commanding the sea?
- Who is the "us" of the poem?
- What does the poem have to say about language, if anything?
- Does the poem seem convincingly Imagist to you? Why or why not?
- Do you think the poem is commanding the sea to take over the land, or is she commanding the trees to act more like the sea? How can you tell?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...