Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What is the effect of the poem's repetitions? Do they seem wasteful in such a short poem?
- What does the Oread hope to accomplish by commanding the sea?
- Who is the "us" of the poem?
- What does the poem have to say about language, if anything?
- Does the poem seem convincingly Imagist to you? Why or why not?
- Do you think the poem is commanding the sea to take over the land, or is she commanding the trees to act more like the sea? How can you tell?